MANISTEE — Labor and delivery are incredibly personal, complex journeys.
Munson Healthcare is seeking survey and focus group participants to help it better understand the experiences of people in northern Michigan to improve health outcomes for women and children, particularly in labor and delivery care.
The efforts are being spearheaded by Munson Healthcare’s Women and Children’s Services across its entire service area.
“It’s the patients who matter,” said Mary Schubert, executive director for Women and Children’s Services at Munson Healthcare. “We want to create a safety net for women and children all across northern Michigan. We want them to get the care they deserve.”
Individuals who have participated in a labor and delivery experience in the past five years in any setting including hospitals, home births and birthing centers — and who currently reside in northern Michigan — are invited to participate in an anonymous survey, qualifying them for a raffle for a $100 Amazon gift card.
Survey participants will also be asked if they are willing to participate in a focus group.
The survey will take participants approximately 15 to 30 minutes to complete. It can be taken at bit.ly/yourexperiencematters.
The survey allows participants to:
• Share their experiences to improve future care in the region;
• Express their opinions about medical professionals and support teams, including nurse practitioners, physician assistants, midwives and doulas;
• Provide feedback on their access to, and need for, prenatal education and postpartum care;
• Give their perspective on the role of fathers, partners, and other caregivers;
• Volunteer for paid participation in focus groups to be held in Cadillac, Charlevoix, Gaylord, Grayling, Kalkaska, Manistee and Traverse City area this month and in December; and
• Be entered for a raffle to win a $100 Amazon gift card.
Be given the opportunity to earn a $20 Amazon gift card by participating in focus groups.
Results will be analyzed to inform Munson Healthcare services, practices and offerings, as well as shared with health stakeholders throughout northern Michigan to improve care and access for pregnant and postpartum women and children.
“People’s opinions, experiences and insights matter,” Schubert said. “We’re listening. We invite the community to play an active role in helping us improve the health of our women and children.”
For additional information, call Munson Healthcare at (231) 935-5886 or 800-533-5520.