The Senior Analyst (or Associate) (“SA”) will be hired as a 1099 contractor for his initial 90 days of employment, as a trial period, and then converted to W-2 status as the position continues beyond 90 days. Compensation is negotiable and includes salary plus supplemental compensation for purchase of independent healthcare insurance.
The position with the Firm is at-will and either party may terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.
The position of Senior Analyst (or Associate) at Tobin & Company Investment Banking Group and its subsidiary is suitable for a junior banker who is an experienced modeler but does not want to follow the grind career path normally found in Charlotte’s larger investment banks. The applicant would like to learn more about the business development process and would like to improve his/her leadership and overall investment banking skills. The SA will sit with the analyst intern pool and will help coordinate the analyst interns efforts within the firm but will also help to guide the analyst interns as they learn and grow.
The SA will serve as the Managing Partner’s right-hand person in business development, client management and deal management efforts. S/he will also serve as the culture and knowledge carrier to counter the engineered turnover within the Firm of the analyst intern pool.
The SA will be encouraged to grow and mature with the role and the firm.
• Pass FINRA Exams within 120 days of Employment – Series 79 and Series 63 if not already held. Add Series 7.
• Act as first line of support and back-up to Managing Partner in interactions with clients, including IB Clients and Registered Representatives.
• Lead the Analyst Intern Team – As the only fully compensated junior person on the TOBIN team, the SA leads the analyst intern team, providing communication between the team and the Managing Partner as needed.
• The SA knows what every analyst intern is working on and helps shepherd their work to completion. However, the SA minimally assists the analyst interns in completing their work; the analyst intern will find guidance from other analyst interns or even from the Managing Partner.
• The SA is a strong Excel modeler and will be able to lead all modeling assignments.
• Assist the Managing Partner in Managing Registered Representatives – Learn about each of the 19 registered reps, including their names, where they live, their business lines and their strengths and weaknesses.
• Help the Managing Partner, as directed, in meeting the needs of the registered representatives.
• Assist the Managing Partner in Managing M&A and Financing Clients – Understand the Firm’s client and prospect base, helping the Managing Partner to turn prospects into clients and to successfully serve the clients.
• Help the Managing Partner to devise and execute a business development plan that allows the firm to stay in front of its prospects and develop new prospects.
• Fulfill other appropriate duties as requested by the Managing Partner, including attending client meetings, being lead on some secondary firm relationships and being an all-around awesome boutique investment banker.
Experience: At least one year of experience in financial services or a related field where financial experience has been acquired. The position is open for much more experienced bankers who have pulled back from the industry due to outside responsibilities but who want to keep a toe in the water.
Submit your cover letter and resume to Opportunity@tobinandco.com.