As the Product & Design Developer you will be responsible for managing the technical product cycle.
The People Vs is an Australian Mens & Womens fashion brand born from a desire to make high quality, vintage-inspired contemporary streetwear.
Globally recognised our brand culture is unique and we protect this by seeking highly organised, creative, friendly & hard working individuals passionate about the fashion industry and delivering work of the highest standard. As a growing business, we pride ourselves on creating a culture of family here for our team of staff at our Headoffice based in the Sydney’s South.
- Administration of all-technical aspects of Production, Design & Merchandise Planning
- Coordination of the Range Development Sheet (action all elements from design, data entry, PO handover to delivery)
- Coordination of the Product Development & Production Timeline
- Adherence to set RDS requirements range size, style management, composition, SKUs, barcodes & product uploads to inventory systems
- Coordinate the creation and file management of Creative Assets, Production Sketches, Garment Construction, End Design Processes & Tech Packs autonomously
- Create tech packs – specification sheets, garment details, trims, fabric, colourways, and labelling for offshore production
- Ensure that all style information such as fabrics, lab dips, sample cards, trims, colour. printing strike offs, protos, sms, pre-production requirements and completed
- Ensure factories are fully briefed on product concept and dealing with daily queries and following the critical path
- Checking all samples measure to spec and meet quality requirements from conception through to production
- Manage the sampling and fitting approval process with local and overseas manufacturers
- Liaising with designer to ensure the best production method for styles are achieved efficiently and within budget
- Managing the quality control process and resolving any issues
- Assist the Head Designer in Research, Mood Boarding and Range Planning
- Adherence to set Design, Brand & Creative Guidelines Requirements
- Weekly coordination of the Critical Path Reports / Production Calendars / Supplier Reports
- Effective Communication with Head Designer and Suppliers
- Assistance with the Lifestyle & Studio photography for Mens, Womens and Accessories
- Assisting with preparing the clipped images for web catalogues and eComm
- Daily assistance to the Head Designer
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role, working with a globally recognized brand or multi-channel retailer in the fashion industry
- Completed Degree in Fashion Production (Garment Construction / Pattern Making)
- Advanced knowledge Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign), eXcel and Tech Packs
- Rock solid in Technical Support / Data Entry / Product & Fabric Knowledge / Grment Construction / Merchandising / File Management
- Passion for youth fashion & streetwear industry
- You must also have strong communication & interpersonal skills, a proactive, results-oriented attitude and the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Excellent relationship building and people skills together with ability to work well independently
- Outstanding oral and written email communication skills
- Superior planning, organisation and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail, follow-up and time management skills
- Current Driver’s License and Australian working rights are essential
To apply please email a cover letter & CV to [email protected]
In your Cover Letter please a response to these questions:
- Why you would like to work with us here at The People Vs?
- How many years experience do you have working in fashion design?
- Which of the following Adobe products are you experienced with?