Part of the Coresight Research & Blue Yonder Open for Business webinar series, we present the transcript from our conversation with Alex Gourlay, Co-COO of Walgreens Boots Alliance, on May 20, 2020. As business leaders are managing their companies through the coronavirus crisis, we are working to stay engaged with, and facilitate an open dialogue for, companies of all sizes. This webinar offered insights into retail challenges and technological innovations in the context of the coronavirus pandemic and beyond.
The discussion covered the following key topics:
- Sustained movement toward digitalization
- Walgreens’ quick response to Covid-19 amid major shifts in consumer behavior
- Omnichannel experiences—including Walgreens’ experience with Red Nose Day
- The importance of personalized marketing
- Walgreens’ internal digital technology and communication
- Developing the mass specialist platform
- Walgreens’ partnerships through the last mile
In addition, we reviewed responses from webinar attendees to a live poll around leveraging technology and narrowing assortments. A Q&A session also prompted conversation around delivery and fulfillment—with Gourlay sharing his advice to retailers emerging from the Covid-19 crisis.
Click here to watch the video recording of this webinar.
To register for future Coresight Conversations webinars, please click here.