This panel features thought leaders, authors, academicians and experts in the medical field and beyond and will highlight those, past and present, who have named racism as a fundamental and root cause of health inequities and how health care practitioners can consider these contexts in their work.
Hear diverse perspectives on health equity, from trailblazers to current advocates, whose work is driven by the mission to address the root causes of health inequity and the social determinants of health.
How to watch
Tune in live on YouTube at 12 p.m. CT.
Aletha Maybank, MD, MPH, chief health equity officer, group vice president, Center for Health Equity, American Medical Association
- Camara Jones, MD, MPH, PhD, 2019-2020 Evelyn Green Davis Fellow, Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University
- Brian Smedley, PhD, chief of psychology in the Public Interest Directorate, American Psychological Association
- Zinzi Bailey, ScD, MSPH, assistant scientist, Jay Weiss Institute for Health Equity, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center; managing director, Health Equity Research Solutions, LLC
- Joia Crear-Perry, MD, president, National Birth Equity Collaborative
- Jonathan Metzl, MD, PhD, Frederick B. Rentschler II Professor of Sociology and Medicine, Health, and Society, Director, Center for Medicine, Health, and Society, Professor of Psychiatry
- Whitney Pirtle, PhD, assistant professor of sociology associated faculty critical race and ethnic studies University of California Merced