SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 11, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — The global barley flakes market size is expected to reach USD 8.5 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 4.7% over the forecast period. Rising demand for the nutritious breakfast cereals among health conscious consumers, particularly youth population is expected to be a key driving factor for the barley flakes industry growth over the forecast period. Moreover, excellent nutritional properties, coupled with the ease of cooking associated with flakes, are projected to prompt the product consumption among the working class population over the next few years.
Organic flakes are expected to expand at the fastest CAGR of 4.6% from 2019 to 2025 in terms of volume. Governments of various developed as well as developing countries are taking initiatives to promote the organic crop through incentive and stringent government policies. According to a statistics (January 2019) provided by the European Commission, 12.6 million hectares of the land, which is equal to the 7% of the total agricultural land in Europe, was used for the certified organic farming in 2017.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Organic product forms are expected to expand at the fastest CAGR of 4.6% from 2019 to 2025 in terms of volume
- Asia Pacific is projected to expand at the fastest CAGR of 5.2% from 2019 to 2025 in terms of revenue
- Demand in Europe was pegged at 2.6 million tons in 2018
- Key players in barley flakes market include Kellogg NA Co.; Nestlé, Quaker Oats Company; King Arthur Flour Company, Inc.; Honeyville, Inc.; Cereal Food Manufacturing Company; Vee Green Organic Life Care Private Limited; Vita Sana Foods Private Limited; and Bob’s Red Mill.
Read 80 page research report with ToC on “Barley Flakes Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Conventional, Organic), By Distribution Channel (Supermarket/Hypermarket, Online), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2025” at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/barley-flakes-market
In addition, manufacturers are launching new organic products in order to cater to needs of the health conscious customers. For instances, in January 2018, Rude Health, a U.K. based cereals and drinks manufacturer, launched organic breakfast cereal under the brand name ‘Naked Barley Porridge’. These government initiatives as well as new product launches are expected to expand the scope of organic product forms in the near future.
Over the past few years, the manufacturers have been launching new products in developing countries including China and India as a result of rising demand for nutritious on-the-go cereal meals among health conscious customers. For instance, in December 2018, Cosmic Nutracos Solutions Private Limitedlaunched a new product, Oats Multigrain in India under the brand name ‘Gaia’. The product contains a mix of barley flakes, oats, and rolled wheat, which is beneficial for weight management.
Grand View Research has segmented the global barley flakes market on the basis of product, distribution channel, and region:
Barley Flakes Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2025)
Barley Flakes Distribution Channel Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2025)
- Convenience Stores
Barley Flakes Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Find more research reports on Consumer F&B Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Meal Replacement Products Market – The global meal replacement products market size was estimated at USD 16.10 billion in 2018 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period.
- Tortilla Chips Market – The global tortilla chips market size was valued at USD 20.28 billion in 2018 and is expected to register a CAGR of 4.41% from 2019 to 2025.
- Fish Sauce Market – The global fish sauce market size was estimated at USD 15.32 billion in 2018 and is projected to expand further at a CAGR of 3.51% over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.