WANTED: a part-time daring Social Media & Marketing Coordinator that is ripe with clever and creative ideas for bringing Think Inc.’s brand of public intellectual thought events to Australian and NZ audiences.
Think Inc. is Australia’s biggest intellectual touring company, out for the boldest answers to the riskiest questions of the 21st century and beyond. Uncompromising in our quest for clear, critical, courageous guests, we cut through the bullshit and take audiences deep down the rabbit holes of science, technology, philosophy, politics, and more. With this goal, we want candidates who do not shy away from confronting conversations and dare to play their part in bringing open-minded inquiry to the masses.
It is expected that the Social Media & Marketing Coordinator will have familiarity and compatibility with popular culture and be fluent in intellectual thought and ideas. Our target audience is a youthful demographic that is both socially aware and motivated to have open and honest discussions about social issues.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To work across the Think Inc.’s current portfolio and research new Think Inc. projects. The role of the Social Media & Marketing Coordinator involves having strong communication and project management skills in order to help create brand awareness and support ticket sales to events.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Social Media Management, across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
– Creation and management of all digital ads on Facebook, Google and Twitter
– Copywriting for all events
– Media relations management
– Manage leads and liaise with organisations to offer collaboration opportunities in order to promote awareness of the tours
– Manage grassroots marketing outreach and research organisations that would be good collaborators for Think Inc.
– Creating and distributing EDMs using Mailchimp
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
– A passion for intellectual thought and discussion
– A passion for popular culture and street culture
– Strong communication skills
– Great copywriting skills
– Serious attention to detail
– Excellent use of initiative
– Highly reliable
– Ability to manage multiple deadlines and projects
– Ability to work alone and in a team
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a desire to see reason, rationality, and intellectual rigour resonate strongly in the Australian public. Think Inc. can offer course credits and learning opportunities but is seeking a job which has the potential of growing into a permanent job role. The candidate must be based in Sydney to work from our office in the inner-west.
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining how your experience and interests are relevant to this position, along with your CV. Apply here or email [email protected]