Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
CNBC Select is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to providing our readers with rigorous reviews and personal finance advice so they can make informed decisions about the financial products they use every day.
The Personal Finance Reporter will be primarily responsible for analyzing and reviewing financial products – through research and reporting – to provide readers with advice on the best credit cards and other financial products on the market. Additionally, the Reporter will be asked to pitch and create engaging content that inspires the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting skills, experience putting together lists, comfort with numbers and data as well as words, and a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
Specific responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
• At least 2 years of experience as a writer and/or reporter
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and analytical skills
• Proven ability to report and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment
• Familiarity with following and reporting on current events, especially as they relate to personal finance, credit cards, and other financial products
• Familiarity and comfort with social media
• Ability to convey to readers why, and how, high-level or abstract stories could affect them
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Experience at large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC’s highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.