SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 22, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — The global flexible printed circuit boards market size is projected to reach USD 26.8 billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 11.2% over the forecast period, according to a study published by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand for compact and flexible electronic devices is the major factor driving demand for flexible Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) worldwide. Regulated demand from the IT and telecom sector in view of growing need for circuits with higher data processing speed and higher working temperature is further augmenting the growth. Flexible printed circuit boards (FPCBs) are thin and lightweight and can save up to 60% of the space and weight in comparison to rigid printed circuit boards. In addition, benefits offered in terms of durability and cost has further augmented their adoption across different end use industries. Demand for miniature, flexible electronics in automotive industry for use in advanced navigation displays and other automotive electronics has had positive impact on the demand.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The double-sided circuit segment held the largest flexible PCBs market share of approximately 45% in terms of revenue in 2018. This is due to the superior elasticity in terms shape restoration and greater efficiency offered by these circuits
- The consumer electronics segment dominated the market in 2018 and is projected to expand at the fastest CAGR over the forecast period, owing to the rising popularity of wearables and proliferation of consumer electronics like laptops and smartphones among others
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for the largest market share followed by North America during the forecast period. The regional growth is accredited to the huge consumer electronics market and high concentration of electronic manufacturers in countries, such as China, Japan, and South Korea
- Key players operating in the flexible printed circuit boards market include AT&S, Benchmark Electronics, Cicor Management AG, Eltek Ltd, TTM Technologies, IEC Electronics, and Flex Ltd
Read 80 page research report with ToC on “Flexible Printed Circuit Boards Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Software, Service), By End Use (Consumer Electronics, IT & Telecom, Industrial Electronics), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2025” at:
Flexible PCBs are also used in medical equipment and health monitoring devices, such as pacemakers, defibrillators, neuro-stimulation, modulation devices, and external hearing devices. Benefits offered in terms of packaging flexibility and performance are expected to augment adoption of flexible printed circuit boards across multiple industry verticals. Companies are emphasizing on attaining advances in the fabrication technology and material substrates used to manufacture flexible PCBs. Various manufacturers offer tailored and/or dedicated flexible printed circuit boards as per the specifications led by the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
The adoption of flexible printed circuit boards has surged over the last few years on account of growing awareness among OEMs regarding the superior benefits offered by flexible PCBs, in terms of weight, circuit complexity (elimination of mechanical connectors), wiring errors, and operating temperature range among others.
Grand View Research has segmented the global flexible printed circuit boards market based on type, end use, and region:
- Flexible Printed Circuit Board Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2025)
- Flexible Printed Circuit Board End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2025)
- Flexible Printed Circuit Board Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2025)
Find more research reports on Communication Services Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Dropshipping Market – The global dropshipping market size was valued at USD 102.2 billion in 2018 and is expected to register a CAGR of 28.8% from 2019 to 2025.
- Intelligent Process Automation Market – The global intelligent process automation market size was valued at USD 6.02 billion in 2018, and is expected register a CAGR of 16.9% over the forecast period.
- Flexible Display Market – The global flexible display market size was valued at USD 6.98 billion in 2018 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 28.1% over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.