Huxbaby is one of the best-selling children’s clothing brands across Australia and is stocked in over 400 stores worldwide – including THE ICONIC and department stores David Jones, Saks Fifth Avenue and Bloomingdales in the US.
Due to our business growth, we are currently seeking an enthusiastic, confident and vibrant full time Design Assistant to join our team.
Whilst we work hard, we also try to make it a fun, casual environment. This means: casual attire, dynamic team, music and chocolate in the office!
Ormond 3204 VIC location (close to public transport).
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
The Design Assistant will work closely with the Designer and the Creative Director in assisting with design, development and management of apparel and graphics.
Duties of Role:
- Assist the designer in creating and developing apparel ranges.
- Assist with trend forecasting/research and developing mood boards
- Product development including set up of graphics/yardage artwork, lab dips, CADS, tech packs and assisting in the process
- from concept to production.
- Liaise daily with offshore suppliers
- Provide feedback on received submissions (strike offs, lab dips, labelling/packaging)
- Assist designer with garment feedback (measure received samples and ensure they meet company quality standards)
- Maintain strict organisation and high brand standards whilst ensuring deadlines are met
- Manage salesman samples (receipt, updates, changes, despatch)
- Set up and manage all barcodes
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in fashion production/design
- 2 years in a similar apparel role
- Able to work autonomously and multi-task whilst demonstrating ability to meet assigned targets and deadlines consistently
- Good knowledge and working understanding of fabric and garment construction
- A good eye for colour, pattern, shape and detail and an ability to cater them to the brand aesthetic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, namely file and sample/strike off management
- Experience liaising with offshore suppliers
- Awareness of fashion trends and forecasts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign
- Graphic/textile design interest/experience desirable
To apply, please include:
- Your CV
- A cover letter describing why you feel you’re well suited to the role
Please send to [email protected]
Good luck! 🙂