Data science jobs are one of the highest paying jobs of this decade. The democratization of analytics tools along with the rise in reading resources has drawn more attention towards this thriving sector. In India, data science jobs are on a rise as every company from startup to industry leaders are incorporating algorithmic solutions into their workflows.
In this article, we bring you top 10 data science jobs in Bengaluru — the Silicon Valley of India.
Computer Vision Engineer at KoiReader Technologies
This job is for those who like to write smart algorithms and deal with complex problems that require a mix of AI/ML, big data, computer vision, NLP and a dash of probability and statistics to solve.
- Strong experience in python and writing fault-tolerant code
- Expertise in image processing, OpenCV, SciPy and NumPy
- Good understanding of optimising data processing pipelines
- Command over geometry, statistics and designing complex algorithms
- Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch, TensorRT
- Experience with Nvidia DeepStream
- Knowledge of NLP and NLU
- Understanding of Docker and GIT
Data Scientist II at Groupon
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, at any time. They are enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories, including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and lively events.
- Analyse structured/unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable insights.
- Interact with product and business teams to identify questions and issues, and translate it into data science problems.
- Understanding of probability and statistics, linear algebra, basic optimisation techniques, etc.
- 4+ years of work experience as a data scientist or a related role
- Python/R with expertise in machine learning related packages
- Expert in SQL with experience in data warehouse technologies like Teradata
- Experience with Tableau.
Data Scientist at Apple
The AppleCare Online Support analytics team is seeking a data scientist for their online support programs. The data scientist will help in defining, executing, and identifying insights that can influence new support strategies.
- Industry experience in a data science role, in the areas of data mining, machine learning, statistics and BI visualisations.
- Experience in customer support, preferably online support. Exposure in defining meaningful metrics for a customer support business.
- R, Python, Tableau and SQL.
- Knowledge of logistic regression, multiple linear regression, factor analysis, structural equation modelling, ANOVA (design of experiments), time series methods, etc.
- Knowledge of SVM, Neural Nets, Random Forest, K-means clustering, K nearest neighbour, Association Rule Learning etc.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
Data Scientist at Cure.Fit
The ideal candidate’s favourite words are learning, data, scale, and agility. The candidate will leverage their strong collaboration skills and the ability to extract valuable insights from highly complex data sets to ask the right questions and find the correct answers.
- Analyse raw data: assessing quality, cleansing, structuring for downstream processing
- Design accurate and scalable prediction algorithms
- Collaborate with the engineering team to bring analytical prototypes to production
- Generate actionable insights for business improvements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in quantitative fields (statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, etc.)
- At least 1 – 2 years’ of experience in quantitative analytics or data modelling
- Deep understanding of predictive modelling, machine-learning, clustering and classification techniques, and algorithms
- (Python, C, C++, Java, SQL
- Familiarity with Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, Tableau
Data Scientist at Cimpress India
Cimpress makes customised print, signage, apparel, gifts, packaging and other products accessible and affordable to everyone.
- Programming experience in C/C++, C#, Java, or Python.
- Solid machine learning background and familiarity with state-of-the-art techniques such as deep neural networks
- A strong track record of innovating through machine learning and statistical algorithms and their applications
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics
- Experience with Image processing and computer vision
- Formal education in machine learning concepts
Lead Data Scientist at Bounce
Bounce is India’s first smart urban mobility solution, with a mission of making daily commute stress-free, time-saving, reliable and convenient. Bounce’, a one-way-rental service enables users to pick up & drop the vehicle anywhere.
- Own specific projects in consumer, IOT systems, fulfilment, and operations
- Work with business, product and engineering stakeholders to frame the problem, available levers, and solution structure
- Perform data analysis to understand the behaviour of the target system
- Design a suitable solution framework, balancing the short term and long term requirements
- Implement the solution and integrate it with the production systems
- Determine the impact through appropriate A/B testing frameworks
- 5-8 years of experience in building modelling and optimisation systems
- Familiarity with R/Python, SQL
Data Scientist @ Prescience Decision Solutions
The ideal candidate would be an experienced Data Scientist to lead some of our data science, ML and AI initiatives. The person should have experience in solutioning for data science related problems, working with business stakeholders to define right problem statement and solution.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc. Experience in working with common data science business problems like clustering, classification, anomaly detection, prediction etc. Exposure to NLP, Image processing is an advantage
- Good understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms. Expertise in Python / R
- Experience with common data science toolkits
- Experience with data visualisation tools like Tableau, Power BI
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, etc Experience with NoSQL databases
- Great communication skills
- Master’s in computer science / related field or Bachelor’s with equivalent experience from a Tier 1/2 college. Overall 5-10 years of experience.
Data Modelling Expert @ Position2Inc
- Data preparation and ETL processes including data ingestion, cleansing and normalization, data mashing using joins and blends and creating derived tables
- Ability to determine modelling needs based on client requirements
- Expertise in SQL
- Ability to work with poorly defined datasets
- High degree of problem solving and high on logical thinking
Manager- Analytics @ Tredence
Tredence differentiates itself from other analytics services firms by enabling last mile adoption of insights. We drive true business impact by uniting our strengths in business analytics, data science and software engineering. We help our clients deliver on the artificial intelligence imperative, in a practical and demystified way.
- At least 7 years of experience in analytics with minimum 3 years hands-on experience in any
2 – SQL, R, Python
- Hands on experience in solving structured/unstructured problems by applying statistical
techniques and/or machine learning methods
- Knack for creating compelling visualization; be it slides, dashboards or any User interface
- Experience in managing team with demonstrated capability to motivate, influence and
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into an analytics problem statement.
NLP Engineer @ Bewgle
The ideal candidate would help create new NLP applications or improve existing pipelines. NLP Engineer responsibilities include transforming natural language data into useful features using NLP techniques to feed classification algorithms. To succeed in this role, you should possess outstanding skills in comprehending data, statistical analysis, machine learning methods and text representation techniques.
- Proven experience as an NLP Engineer or similar role
- Understanding of NLP techniques for text representation
- Understanding of machine learning methods / classification algorithms
- Ability to write robust and testable code in Python
- Strong communication skills
- An analytical mind with problem-solving abilities
- Degree in Computer Science